A heavy-duty feed chain on precision hardened guides transports the workpiece.
Track pads are 80 mm (3-5/32") in width and are topped with a rubber surface to
securely hold the workpiece. Top pressure for the workpiece is achieved by a
double-wide compound V-belt with convenient programmable height adjustment
and digital read-out for top pressure beam height position. The double-wide V-belt
translates to improved panel hold-down.
Electronic frequency converters control each processing unit individually.
working level 950 mm (37-13/32")
22 mm (7/8") 60 mm (2-3/8")min. working width
40 mm (1-9/16") 105 mm (4-1/8")
panel overhang 30 mm (1-1/8")
min. 12 mm (15/32")workpiece thickness
max. 40 mm (1-9/16")
strips 0.4 mm to 6 mm (0.16" to 15/64")edge thickness
coils 0.3 mm to 3 mm (0.12" to 1/8" PVC
Adjustable Infeed Fence
Manual adjustment of the infeed fence via digital counter.
for use with the pre-milling station.
Spraying Device Top/Bottom
• two (2) motors 3 kW, 150 cycle, 9000 rpm
• max. tool diameter 125 mm (4-15/16")
Pre-heating the panel brings the panel to an appropriate temperature for better
adhesion; this is especially beneficial in cooler temperatures.
• quartz lamp for heating substrate edge before glue application
• improved edge quality and optimum bonding
Quick Melt Gluing Unit (QA 34)
This QA 34 quick melt glue pot was designed by Homag - the original innovator of
the quick melt system.
A multi-purpose magazine expands capability by running coiled material (2 rolls),
strips, and solid wood bands.
• edge thickness: 0.4 mm to 6 mm (0.016" to 15/64")
A guillotine cuts the edgeband to length; this clipping unit is ideally designed for
today's popular use of coiled material.
Pressure Zone for Gluing
one (1) driven pressure roller diameter: 160 mm (6-5/16")
six (6) secondary pressure rollers diameter: 70 mm (2-3/4")
This unit is for straight and chamfer snipping.
• with two (2) motors, 0.8 kW, 200 cycle; 12,000 rpm
Top & Bottom Flush Trimming Unit
Top and bottom flush trimming unit mills the edgeband overhang flush to the panel.
This profile trimming unit is designed for profile trimming the leading and trailing
edges as well as on both the top and bottom of the panel. This unit is equipped with
manual adjustment of lateral tracing for trimming without tool change.
• used in conjunction with snipping and rough trimming units
• two (2) motors 0.4 kW, 200 cycles, 12,000 rpm
• max. edge thickness 3 mm (1/4")
• max. panel thickness 12 mm to 40 mm (1-9/16")
• min. panel length 240 mm (9-7/16") single-sided
• min. panel distance 600 mm (23-3/4")
• max. feed speed 20 m/min (65.6 ft/min)
• includes chuck with quick change device for one (1) tool holder assembly
• manual tool change
Manually Adjustable Set of Change Heads "I"
• two (2) processing units on the profile trimming unit, FK 11
• manual adjustment for varying edge thickness between chamfer and radius
Profile Scraping Device
The profile scraping device is a radius scraper using knives to scrape off a nominal
amount of material for a smooth surface without chatter.
tracing from top, bottom and laterally
for rounding-off pre-trimmed PVC edges
Set of Quick-Change Cutter Heads
two (2) quick-change cutter heads
two (2) profile knives with reversible carbide tips
radius to be specified by customer
Finish Unit Top / Bottom
for finishing operation of the longitudinal edge. Consisting of:
Glue Joint Scraping Unit for Top and Bottom
Edge Buffing Unit for Top and Bottom
Edge buffing unit for top and bottom buffs edges that have been scraped in
height adjustment with the top pressure beam
Noise Reduction Enclosure